Amelia slept through the night last night!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Do you think that's enough exclamation points?)
I'm not looking for it to happen again anytime soon though. I think it was a fluke. We weren't even trying to get her to do it. I'm gonna venture a guess that it happened b/c she was so freaking tired. I nursed her around 9, but she wasn't really satisfied, so we gave her 2 ounces of formula after that. She still didn't seem satisfied, so we gave her another 2 ounces. So her total feeding experience lasted about 1.5 hours (including actual feeding, burping, and some cat naps). We put her down around 10:45 or 11. She woke up 15 minutes after she went down, but I went on paci duty. I was so sure that it was gonna be a bad night that I slept in a guest bed and closed the door to our bedroom so that Chris wouldn't wake up (not that he wakes up anyway). But after my one tour of paci duty, she went to sleep and stayed asleep.
I thought we were gonna have a horrible night b/c we were out of town this weekend. We had a hard weekend b/c she was in the room with us. This of course meant that we heard every little peep she made which made it hard to get a good sleep. She also got out of her "routine" a little because we were visiting people. They of course want to hold her at every opportunity which means she didn't get the little naps that she does get during the day. Or we were going somewhere so she would have to be bottle fed instead of nurse, which was bad on me b/c I felt like I was going to burst after not nursing or being able to pump. Since we came home yesterday, she slept in her carseat for about a total of 5 hours on the way home. And I just knew that she was gonna be raring to go by the time we got home. I guess a full stomach really does do the trick.
Welp.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment