Saturday, February 27, 2010

Now We're Cooking With......Crawling?

Yes, Amelia has started crawling. Its not crawling in the sense of being up on her hands and knees moving all over the house. But there's no keeping her confined to her "play mat" anymore. She used to move backwards, literally. She'd get up on her hands and knees. Her knees would go out from under her, and she moved in reverse. But now she's figured out how to put it in drive instead of reverse. She has already pulled stuff off of tables. And this morning, she was at Eva's house trying to eat the door. Her legs have ended up under one sofa and our sofa table. She will "crawl" to paper the most. But she's starting to move to other things too. She loves to come after Eva if she's out of reach. If Chris or I are over by her and walk away, she tries to follow us. But she's not good enough to be at our heels all the time yet.


I still haven't been able to get a good picture of her teeth. I've tried. She smiles big and you see them. But when you get the camera out ready to take a picture, she stops smiling. We've tried to hold her lip down, but her tongue comes out. She just knows our game and isn't gonna let us get them at all. So here's my best attempt so far. You can see the blurry white nibs on her bottom gum.



She's also been sitting up for a while now. We were never letting her sit up. We'd just always put her down on her back or stomach. And one night I decided that it was time for her to start learning how to sit up on her own. The first time I sat her up, she sat there for about 3 minutes before falling over. I guess the babysitter has been letting her practice. Chris went in to wake her up two mornings ago, and she was sitting up in her crib.


She's looking at Eva here. She smiles every time she sees her. You can kind of see it here.

She loves Miss Eva.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Such a precious angel!